Roald Dahl’s Wondrous World
Journey through 6 stories and experience Roald Dahl’s Wondrous World at Rheged this summer!
Immerse yourself in Rheged’s interactive exhibition as you journey through some of his most iconic stories from James and the Giant Peach and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to The Twits and much more, whilst completing a special activity book along the way. Create your own sweets in Willy Wonka’s factory, dress up as various characters, sneak past the sleeping giant in the BFG’s cave and crawl into the Giant Peach with James, plus much more!
Timed entry every 30 minutes from 10am – 4:30pm daily. Limited capacity, so book now to secure your preferred entry time. You can spend as long as you want in the exhibition.
Now opening late on Fridays and Saturdays!
From Friday 6 July until the exhibition closes on 2 September we will be opening late on Friday and Saturday nights. Why not round off a busy day out and about with a fun and exciting exhibition at Rheged, coupled with a dinner for all the family and maybe even one of our blockbuster films on our giant cinema screen.
The Gallery will be open until 8pm on these nights, with last admission at 7pm.
After 5pm there are no booked timeslots, because we aren’t as busy. This means you can arrive when you like to visit the exhibition, but we recommend at least an hour to enjoy it properly, which is why last admission is at 7pm.
Book a joint Film & Exhibition ticket and save!
We’re accompanying the exhibition in our gallery with some of our favourite Roald Dahl films in our cinema, including Revolting Rhymes (PG), The BFG (PG), Fantastic Mr. Fox (PG), and Matilda (PG). The film programme changes weekly, please check the film schedule here before you book.
There’s delicious Abbott Lodge Ice Cream, popcorn, drinks and snacks to take into the film with you – and the grown ups can take drinks from our bar into the screen too.
Before you book your film and exhibition tickets, check out our top tips to help plan your day here.
If you are interested in bringing your school or community group to see the exhibition, please contact us directly on 01768 868000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
- 15 June - 2 September 2018
- OPENING TIMES
- 10am – 5.30pm. Last entry 4.30pm. Late opening Friday and Saturday from 6 July 10am-8pm. Last entry 7pm.
- EXHIBITION ONLY TICKETS
- £5 child (16 and under) • £5.50 for conc. • £6.50 Adults • £20 Family ticket (2 children 2 adults, or 3 children 1 adult) • Child 2 and under free
- EXHIBITION AND FILM TICKETS
- £7 child (16 and under) • £7.50 conc. • £8.50 Adults • £26 family ticket 2 children 2 adults, or 3 children 1 adult • Child 2 and under free
- REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS
- Please note that tickets are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for another time slot. Re-entry is not permitted.